I got to hear know about this great powerhouse by my amazing twin sisters Crystal & Cynthia Ajayi, and decided to do a bit of research on this amazing spice. Not only does it have a fantastic taste but also have loads of healing benefits..
Cinnamon is gotten from the cinnamon tree, the dried quills are used for cooking either as a ground powder, sticks or oils.
Cinnamon has a delicate flavour and is used in both sweet and savoury dishes. I use cinnamon powder for rice dishes, curries, roasted vegetables, grilled potatoes, stews and more.
Cinnamon is also used as an herbal remedy to treat painful menstration, colds, nausea and flatulence, it also improves vitality, energy and circulation.
RAW HONEY & CINNAMON:
1) ARTHRITIS: Take daily, morning and night. One cup of hot water with two teaspoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
2) BLADDER INFECTIONS: Two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water destroys the germs in the bladder.
3) COLDS: One tablespoon lukewarm honey in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder daily for three days to cure chronic cough, cold, and clear sinuses.
4) GAS: Honey and cinnamon powder relives the stomach of gas
5) PIMPLES: Apply three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste on the pimples before sleeping religiously for 2weeks. Removes pimples from root.
Stay healthy, Stay hydrated
Eat more fruits & vegetables
Moderation on sugars and breads